Italian-Style Rolls with Sweet-and-Sour Grilled Vegetables with Black Currant
View the requirements
- 5 oz. Hero Original BLACK CURRANT SPREAD
- 10 pc. Italian-style bread rolls
- 1 pc. zucchini
- 1⁄2 pc. eggplant
- 2 1⁄2 pc. sweet red bell peppers
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 oz. tarragon vinegar
- 5 pc. sprigs tarragon
- 4 oz. arugula
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7).
2. If you are using fresh Italian-style rolls, you can start preparing the sandwich fillings.
If you are using Italian-style bake-off rolls, you need to defrost them first.
3. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into slices with a thickness of around one centimeter (0.4 inches).
4. Slice the bell pepper into 5 large pieces.
5. Sprinkle them with olive oil and add some salt and pepper.
6. To grill the vegetables, you can use either a barbecue or a grill pan (to get nice-looking
7. Put the Hero Original BLACK CURRANT into a bowl and add two tablespoons of water.
8. Mix with 30ml (1 fl. oz.) tarragon vinegar for a zesty flavor.
9. When the sauce is ready, you can use it to marinate the vegetables.
10. Chop the tarragon leaves and add to the marinated vegetables.
11. Bake the bake-off rolls according to the instructions on the package until they are golden brown. If you are using fresh rolls, you only need to toast them lightly in the oven.
12. Slice open the rolls and fill them with the marinated vegetables and some arugula.