Hero Blueberry Jam Shortbread
View the requirements
- 7 oz. Hero Original Blueberry Fruit Spread
- 4 oz. fresh raspberries
- 1 pc. egg
- 11 oz. self-rising flour
- 7 oz. butter
- 4 oz. white castor sugar
1. In a large bowl (or electric mixing bowl/food mixer), use a flat beater to mix together the sugar, self-rising flour, and half of the egg.
2. Cut the cold butter cubes and mix them with the flour mixture until you have short-crust dough.
3. Knead half of the dough until firm.
4. Flatten the firm dough against the bottom of a cake pan.
5. Spread the Hero Original BLUEBERRY SPREAD across the dough.
6. Slice the raspberries in half and arrange them on top of the Hero Original Blueberry Jam.
7. Sprinkle the short-crust dough on top and press down lightly.
8. Bake the shortbread for 45 minutes at 160°C (gas mark 2/3) until done.