Fruit Tarts with Hero Red Raspberry
View the requirements
- 12 oz. Hero Red Raspberry Spread
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 10 oz. strawberries
- 8 oz. cherries
- 4 oz. blueberries
- 16 oz. whole milk
- 2 oz. custard powder
- 3 oz. sugar
- 1 pc. egg
- 1 pc. 1 lime
- 1 pc. roll short pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven and prepare the short pastry according to the instructions on the package.
2. Make sure the butter is at room temperature, so you can use it to grease the cake tin.
3. Line the tart molds with parchment paper.
4. When the dough is done, spread it out and bake according to the instructions on the packaging.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Stir together the egg, half of the sugar, the custard, and a little milk. Mix well.
7. Heat the remaining milk and add the sugar.
8. When the milk is hot, you can add the mixture together with the custard.
9. Bring the mixture to the boil while continuing to stir with a whisk.
10. Remove from the heat briefly so you can grate the lime. Set aside the lime zest and cut the rest of the lime in half so you can squeeze the juice from it.
11. When this is done, return the pan to the heat. Continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken and add the lime juice.
12. When the mixture is firm enough, you can allow it to cool in the refrigerator. Cover the cream with foil to prevent it from curdling.
13. Wash the fruit and cut it into pieces. Remove the stones from the cherries.
14. Cover the cake crusts with a layer of Hero Original RED RASPBERRY SPREAD
15. Spread the custard across the cake crusts and garnish with the raspberries, strawberries and cherries. Finish with a sprinkle of lime zest.
16. Put in the oven and bake, following the instructions for making the short pastry on the package.