Creamy Scones with Hero Red Currant
View the requirements
- 2 oz. Hero RED CURRANT
- 10 pc. dollops of whipped cream
- 1 pc. dash flour (to sprinkle on the kitchen counter)
- 18 oz. self-rising flour
- 3 oz. unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄2 oz. milk
- 2 1⁄2 oz. soft light-brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 pc. eggs
1. Mix together the butter, sugar, baking powder, and self-rising flour with a hand mixer.
2. Add the milk and 1 beaten egg, until you have nice soft dough.
3. Sprinkle the kitchen counter with some flour and spread the dough with a roller.
The ideal thickness for the dough is approximately 1.5 centimeters (0.6 inches).
4. Cut the dough into neat circle shapes and brush some of the beaten egg mixture on top.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 225°C (gas mark 7). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the circles for around 10 minutes, until they are light brown and done.
6. Whisk the whipped cream as you allow the scones to cool for a short while. Carefully slice them open and serve with the whipped cream and Hero RED CURRANT.